July 01, 2024

#RespectindieArtistsWork - The petition is closed!


Dear #RespectIndieArtistsWork petition Supporter, I’m closing our petition a month earlier than planned, because as you know I have already contacted Spotify CEO Daniel Ek with an open letter weeks ago and as already expected I haven’t received any answer! No surprise!!!

I know there are more important serious issues and tragedies in the world such as the ongoing Russian/Ukraine war, the Israel/Gaza war, and several global and human crises. We are witnessing today’s history which is as awful, unlawful, cruel, inhuman, and heartbreaking as World War II.

And yet we can’t change anything about it because our world was and is a corrupt place run by incapable and mighty hungry world leaders that benefit from other people's misery. Why else do we have so many refugees around the world? Why else do we have so many people suffering from hunger and homelessness? As long as the ones, who are in power to make a change, don’t act, NOTHING will change for the better.

This harsh reality is, we have the exact same awful situation with today’s corrupt music industry with its awful and disrespectful treatment of indie artists. As long as indie artists allow and accept that fraud companies (distributors and streaming stores worldwide) toy with them and use their work for FREE, NOTHING will change for the better! As long as artists tolerate these BS policies with no honesty, zero transparency, and fair payment, nothing will change!

I made the best out of the mess that I have experienced with my former corrupt distributor, the Swedish company Amuse.io. I shared everything publicly to warn other artists. Everything in life happens for a reason and to be honest, I’m glad that this happened to me. Because it was a wake-up call! I was caught in the middle of a corrupt system for 2 years and like most artists didn’t even realize the madness with a $3 payment for 1000 streaming. I still wonder who came up with this stupid concept! Nothing good in life is free. Why should music be free? Why?

I’m ending this petition with the release of my song FALLEN ANGELS, Lily Amis feat. Thir13een. This song is dedicated to all the corrupt companies and evil people in power, who misuse their position and disrespect human beings. Like a mafia, they steal from innocent, hopeful, and hard-working people with no shame and regret. They toy with people's destinies and mental health.

FALLEN ANGELS is an empowering track with a clear message for everyone who has signed this petition. With this track release, I made a final decision and have taken down ALL my tracks from ALL the steaming platforms, including SPOTIFY!

Music has always been my sanctuary, and I don’t allow any godless people to take away my joy for music. For my own peace of mind and soul, from now on, my songs will only be available on LilyAmis.Bandcamp.com. And I don’t have to be afraid to run promotions and campaigns and be afraid of AI playlists any more! This is a silly game and I don’t have the time and energy to play along. I distance myself from these hypocrites to feel the joy of music again. 

Thank you again for your amazing support. Please make sure that you and your work are appreciated and respected, and don’t ever sell yourself short! Demand the respect you deserve!

Best wishes, Lily Amis






No comments:

Post a Comment