June 07, 2024

#RespectIndieArtistsWork - Streaming is nothing but a modern way of slavery!

The other day I was wondering how many music lovers pay how much for monthly subscriptions to music stores such as Apple, Amazon and Spotify. According to my research, I have found the following information:

Apples individual plan starts from 19.95 Dollar up to the Premier plan which costs 37.95 dollars!

Amazon Music unlimited costs 9.99 Dollars monthly

Spotifys plan starts from 5.99 for students up to 16.99 per for families monthly

So no wonder, that Spotify remains the leader of all digital music platforms! 

While Amazon Music has over 82.2 million users worldwide and Apple Music has 93 million subscribers, Spotify has 602 million monthly active users including 236 million paying subscribers.

Now make the calculation! See what I mean? 

So I was asking myself, what’s the point of me promoting my music listed on these billion dollar platforms, now knowing that they show zero respect for my work and myself as an artist! With every single tweet, post and IG story I bring traffic to these platforms, and what do I get in return?

Awful treatment, zero support and transparency, and let's not even talk about profit. I get NOTHING! Because we all know that only a little percent of signed and indie artists are making a living with streaming’s.

Why else would global names go on tour for months and risk their health, neglect private life, family and friends, if they weren’t doing it for the profit with ticket sales and merchandising?

Why am I sharing my thoughts and these numbers? 

Because to me, making 3 Dollars for 50 hours entertainment is nothing but modern slavery and misusing clueless artists with a corrupt company policy that has become a super-easy-fast-self-runner concept of modern stealing with no legal consequences!

Now, you can play along and make these rich companies richer and allow them to misuse your work and disrespect you  or you quit and find another way of making your music globally available for THOSE who appreciate your work and don’t support this modern slavery and stealing!

If people are willing to make these monthly payments, they should be willing to pay for music like people used to by buying CDs and later downloading tracks. 1 Dollar for one track is really not too much to ask! 

Getting 3 dollars for 1000 streamings is a joke and I really wonder why artists don't fight this corrupt criminal streaming system? You can't hide and avoid the reality forever. Wake up! Face it, fight it! 

SIGN THE PETITION NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment