June 20, 2024

#RespectIndieArtistsWork - Lets celebrate our stupidity!


Yesterday I received this email from my new distributor. It says: Since 2006, TuneCore artists have earned over 4 billion dollars. That is a major achievement, and your top-earning release played a part in it. THE STOLEN YEARS WAS YOUR TOP RELEASE! Let your fans know YOUR release was part of this milestone. Click the graphic above (song cover) to share it and tag @TuneCore on social media so we can celebrate together!

Well, since they have been my distributor for only 3 months, I surely have nothing to do with their huge success! Also, in 3 months I received the following earnings: March: $0.30, April: $0.06, and May: Nothing so far. Still waiting for the sale report.

So, I don’t know if I should cry or laugh. What do you think? I'm still waiting for the quarter sale report, but I already know that I will take down my music from all the streaming platforms because I NO LONGER support this modern way of slavery!

$3 for 1000 streamings means $3 for 50 hours of entertainment! This is beyond madness. It is insulting and humiliating to make less money than beggars on the street. Less than hard-working factory workers in India, Turkey, and other Asian countries. Less than toilet cleaners and so on…! What is there to think about? Nothing really, and yet so many artists play along and make these billion-dollar companies richer by seconds.

And if it is not enough crazy that we hand over our work for free and bring traffic to their platforms and possible new subscribers, they now also want us to celebrate our stupidity by sharing this GREAT news on our socials and bringing them more attention and income!

All these major stores such as Amazon, Apple/iTunes, Spotify, and Co don’t care about our work. All they want us is to share our work for free and bring them traffic with our social promotions! It is such an easy and clever concept, and we support this system for zero income for years! We invest time and energy in our postings and believe naively that we will finally be part of this success! Well, we are not and we never will be! Welcome to reality! Stupidity is unfortunately ruling our society! 




No comments:

Post a Comment