July 06, 2024

#RespectIndieArtistsWork – Artists hands away from TIDAL!

As you know by now, I have taken down ALL my tracks, Lily Amis feat. Thir14een from ALL streaming platforms! It took a while, but finally, my songs are also unavailable on Spotify. While some of the music stores like Apple and Spotify don’t delete the artist profile, others have followed my request and deleted the artist profile as requested! 

Unfortunately, the only music store that doesn’t respect my wish is TIDAL. Despite e-mails back and forth, they are wasting my time by making excuses. I'm receiving emails saying to move forward with processing your request, we need to verify your identity!

Well, I have sent them everything to prove that I am who I am and yet, the artist profile is still online. As if this is not disrespectful enough, they also have listed another artist's music on my profile. I sent them emails regarding this issue months ago and nothing has changed!

Dear fellow indie artists, if you decide to release new music and want to offer your work for FREE on billion-dollar streaming platforms, that don’t respect your work, be aware that these companies have also ZERO respect for you as an artist!

If I could turn back time and tell myself two years ago, I would not release anything on any of these corrupt companies' platforms and promote their websites for free, bringing traffic and possible new subscribers and all for nothing!

My online petition #RespectIndieAristsWork is closed, but I will continue to warn other indie artists because I don’t want anyone to have the same awful experiences and waste their time, energy, and money! 


Remember my words: 

Don’t sell yourself short. 

Demand the respect you deserve!

Don't promote for billion dollar corrupt companies 

who show ZERO respect for you and your work!


UPDATE July 19th 2024:

After this blog post and many tweets, Tidal has finally

deleted my artist profile! FINALLY!





No comments:

Post a Comment