March 25, 2022

Q & A with British Lyricist Sam from Rebloom Music!


My next guest in 2022 for my blog series THE MIRACLE OF MUSIC is the talented British lyricist, Songwriter, and Jingle creator Sam from Rebloom Music, who has released two lovely new songs “Stars” and “Memories” in 2021.

Sam, welcome to my blog series “The Miracle of Music”. Please describe yourself to my blog visitors! Age, nationality, your hobbies.

My name is Sam Gallimore, 48, from Hampshire, UK.  I enjoy long walks with my husband and fur baby.  I love listening to music and dancing too, ooh and the odd glass of Prosecco.

At what age did you discover your love and passion for music?

I would say I was very young when I discovered my love of Music. Probably around 5 or 6 years old.  Dancing in my bedroom with my hairbrush and listening to Motown with my parents.  I used to play the violin and piano when I was a teenager.


Awww, I love the sound of the violin. And don’t get me started with the hairbrush and dancing. This brings back some incredible memories. Tell me, when did you start to write song lyrics?

I only started writing song lyrics in 2020 – it was a product of the pandemic, where I seemed to have a lot of free time.  I have always loved lyrics in music, and I have always been fascinated by a story in a song.  A notebook and pen and a laptop caught my eye during lockdown, and I found myself scribbling away.  I entered 3 songs into the UKSC (UK Song Writing Competition) – lyrics only category.  This was to test the waters and see if my lyrics were any good.  After receiving 4 stars – Commended Entry, it gave me the confidence to continue with my newfound hobby.  Since then, I have released two songs and I am currently co-writing with some amazing musicians and artists. 


Wow, the UK songwriting contest was also my motivation booster to start this new journey! Sam, do you think you have your love for music in your DNA? Are your parents or siblings into music as well?

I would say that Music is in my DNA for sure.  I feel I can express myself with Music and I get excited when I hear something new, and it moves me.  Whether that’s happiness, sadness, total and utter joy, or resignation.  My Mum and Dad used to listen to Motown when I was growing up and they had an old record player which I was in love with.  It still brings a smile to my face whenever I hear a Motown song. 

My brother is older than me and he used to listen to Five Star and then he really enjoyed Oasis too.  When I was older during the 1990s, I was fascinated with dance music too.  I have to stop myself sometimes when I start talking about Music with friends and family as I sometimes think I bore them with my constant “have you heard this one?” and usually they haven’t heard it – ha ha!  I think they are used to me by now though.  ¨

Although, I can’t really play an instrument or sing (no-one wants to hear me sing) I am determined to continue writing lyrics.  When anyone has a passion for something, I feel it’s a gift that you’ve been given, and you should use it wisely.  What really fascinates me too is that whenever I listen to song I have never heard before. Either from a post I see on social media or if someone messages me and asks me to listen.  I will listen and think “Wow” this is incredible, and I will share it.  I think the issue is that there is SO much music now, the world is flooded.  However, this is also amazing too.

Don’t sell yourself short. I think almost everyone can sing. :-) Not everyone has to sound like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, or Adele though, right? ;-)

Do you believe that music has the power to heal? Do you believe in the miracle of music? Also, Music brings people from all generations, countries, cultures, and religions together. Do you have an explanation why?

Music to me is like LOVE – everyone can relate to it.  Everyone can hear music and interpret it in their own way.  When I co-wrote Stars with DiDs Music – and asked one of my friends to listen to it, she told me that a section of the lyrics meant so much to her.  When she explained why I was totally blown away by how she had interpreted it.  To me, that is the miracle of music. Since writing lyrics, I have also grown to appreciate Music that is not necessarily my taste.  This is because I now know how much effort goes into making a song.


What do you like to achieve with your lyrics? What is your goal? What’s your main message to the world?

My main aim with my lyrics is to try to tell a story using imagery and try to draw the listener in.  When I first started, I didn’t really understand how lyrics are structured and placed to flow with a track or melody.  Now that I have more experience, I feel like the doors have opened and I can write about anything and make it relatable and authentic.  I want my lyrics to be as authentic and simple as they can be to make someone “feel”.  I am always learning and trying to understand all the concepts of lyric writing.  I absolutely love it.

Sam, why should people listen to your music?

This is a hard question for me.  I have extreme imposter syndrome where I constantly question whether I am good enough to write lyrics.  I think if someone likes a story with meaning then they might enjoy my lyrics.  If they don’t then that is totally fine as well.  That’s the beauty – there’s music out there for everyone to enjoy. 

I was on your website and loved the little notes about your songs and the story behind them. That's why I like to share the story behind STARS! 



“Stars” is inspired by my own experience singing with my friends in my bedroom.  Using a hairbrush instead of a microphone and making up dance moves to Wham!  It’s about a journey of hope that the girl is going through to get where she wants to be.  Not wanting to be rich, she just wants people to like what she does.  Asking the stars to guide her – those stars are the same ones that have been there all along.  She sees hope in the stars despite her struggle.

Sam, it is truly amazing that thanks to the UK Songwriting contest and social media, we have met each other. I wish you the best of luck with your songwriting and can’t wait to hear more of your work. Keep up the great work and never doubt yourself and your talent. 


Follow Sam on Facebook, Instagram, and Spotify!

If you like to collaborate, please visit Sams's official website

No comments:

Post a Comment