July 19, 2024

Writers, hands away from the Free Booklemur Spotlight!


When I started my journey as a part-time indie writer back in 2004 and later as a full-time writer since 2014, I was overwhelmed by all the websites that offer free promotions for independent writers. Like most authors, I was excited to share my work wherever, whenever!  

Today, ten years later, I realize something important. We have a saying in German “Man kann nicht auf alle Hochzeiten tanzen!“ translation „You can't dance at every wedding!” which means you can’t be everywhere! And you know what? You shouldn’t be everywhere!

My recommendation to new writers is: Be picky with the websites you promote your work. Make sure you read reviews about the company first and know who to contact if you have problems with your profile. Why am I sharing this post today? 

Well, I want to warn you about the following company www.Booklemur.com based in the USA! Do not sign up for the FREE artist spotlight! Once you are listed on their website, you can't get rid of your profile! You can't make changes and updates, NOTHING!

This is their company philosophy:

BookLemur was created by Press One Publishing (est. 1995). We love readers, authors, and great books! We take pride in introducing our dedicated eBook audience to new and existing, quality titles. That goes for traditional or indie authors. So far thousands of people are receiving the daily alert email and thousands more read the BookLemur Facebook Fan Page. We want to connect readers and authors. Author Spotlight Pages will be promoted at the website, Facebook page, and in daily alerts. There is no cost to authors for this program, if accepted.

Why should I have an author spotlight page?
(1) Because you want to reach readers. (2) Your page will be promoted throughout the BookLemur website. (3) Increase sales. (3) We will randomly include author spotlight pages in each daily alert based on subscriber preferences. (3) It's FREE. (4) Spotlight authors will be the first to receive promotions for advertising discounts. (5) We will promote spotlight pages from time to time on our Facebook fan page and Twitter feed.

What's the catch? How can this be free?
There is no catch. It's free. The only condition is that we must always have your permission to contact you via email. That's it.

FYI: Well, yes, there is a catch! A BIG ONE! Your profile is permanent and no one cares to respond to your messages and requests! I have contacted Booklemur several times in recent months. I used the contact form and Twitter but to this date, NO ONE has answered and respected my request!

That’s why I'm sharing this post to warn other indie writers from naively sign up for such FREE websites. 

Remember, nothing of good and high quality is FREE!


UPDATE: 21. July 2024

After this blog post and my tweet, 

my profile was finally taken down after 

4 months and several emails! Hallelujah!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment