July 19, 2024

My song lyrics on Musixmatch!


As you know by now, my music is no longer available on any streaming platform. After my awful experience with my former Swedish distributor Amuse.io and my online petition #RespectIndieArtistsWork at openpetion.org, I made a lot of changes! Serious and extremely necessary changes!

Not only have I taken down ALL my tracks from these corrupt streaming companies who offer our hard work for FREE, but I also have deleted my Facebook, TikTok, and other social profiles to spend less time on these useless and only time-consuming platforms. And it was the best decision I made.  I wish I had done this years ago or never opened an account in the first place! But better late than never! We only learn and grow from our mistakes, naivety and let's face it stupidity! 

Most of us, don’t realize how much control Facebook has over us. We open accounts and set up profiles on different platforms by using Facebook to log in quickly instead of using an email address and a password. Not only are we giving FREE information about ourselves to this billion-dollar spy organization, but we also end up being on several websites that must be updated and taken care of regularly.

One of these must-have-websites as a lyricist is Musixmatch!

According to Google, it is the world’s leading music data company - where you can search, enjoy, and share lyrics from any track, anywhere in the world to my surprise based in Bologna, Italy.

Unfortunately, I had opened my account with Facebook, and now that I have deleted my FB profile, I no longer can log in and update my information, change the banner, add new song lyrics, and disconnect the deleted Social accounts!  

So, I have contacted the companies support team and asked for help. Several emails back and forth and no one cares to give me access to my account!

This is what they wrote:

In order to protect the quality and security of our verified artist’s content, we are now requiring that all free users provide proof of identity within the tool - Please note that paid users' accounts are reviewed manually, so this step will not be required for paid plans.

Once the ID verification is completed, you should be able now to add your lyrics, except for songs with a featuring artist even if you are the primary artist, since at the moment maintenance on them is still ongoing.

The team will be checking in this week to help with any issues and provide you with additional updates if there are any.

I wrote back:

I never share my ID online for security reasons and asked for another solution.

And that’s what they answered:

The old verification has been removed. If you want to verify your artist profile with a new account, Two easy steps are required:

1) Create an account on the Musixmatch site (or use an account you already have)
2) Fill the form on our website once you’re logged in with your account

Well, I did that and because I'm no longer on Spotify and Apple, I still have NO access to my artist profile and have received the following message from Musixmatch:

Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify an artist if you don't have a profile on Spotify and Apple Music

In other words, if you are not on Spotify or Apple, you are not an artist. So you have no access to your artist profile! Great! And that’s why I'm posting this on my blog to warn other artists and Lyricists:

Firstly, be careful how you sign up for websites. Don’t always use Facebook because it is the easiest and fastest way!

Also, as I wrote in my previous blog post, be picky with the websites you choose to promote your work. Using FREE websites is risky because you end up communicating with an unprofessional support team who couldn’t care less about your problems and finding solutions!

I have asked Musixmatch support team to either give me access to my profile or to DELETE my artist profile and song lyrics! Nothing has happened so far. So, I will keep you posted! 

UPDATE: After this blog post and my tweet, I have received the following message on Twitter and an email saying that my profile will be DELETED within 48 hours! 

As expected, the page is still online and has not been taken down!!!!! More message back and forth were required until my request was finally respected! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment