July 26, 2022

The Stolen Years - The Song Message!


My online petition #HumanityB4Nationality has opened a completely new door and way of communication for me that I dreamed of for over a decade. Writing song lyrics for many years and being able to finally hear them as a professionally produced song with an incredible voice is a huge milestone for me as a writer, and lyricist but most importantly as a victim of the refugee law and Voice4refugees today.

My third song project THE STOLEN YEARS with my featured artist, the amazingly talented British singer and producer Thir13een, is very personal. While I was talking about the plight of refugees worldwide in “80 Million People!” and asking for acceptance and tolerance in my anti-war and anti-discrimination song “Blood is always red!”, The Stolen Years is inspired by my memoir THE STOLEN YEARS IN ZURICH. It is the story of my life, and yet I'm pretty sure that many people will relate to the lyrics.

The older we get the more we appreciate the value of time. When we are young, we want to grow up fast and experience life to the fullest. Once we are older we realize how naïve we were regarding our dreams and desires, clueless about the obstacles that life and evil and corrupt people throw at us.

If you are as ambitious and multitalented as I am, and if you have to overcome unexpected and impossible challenges like we have, you get frustrated and sooner or later lose your sense of time. You are blind sided by life difficulties, a corrupt system and evil people who make your life a living hell. All you think of is how can I survive the next day. It is an awful feeling that causes nightmares and slowly but surely poisons your heart, mind, and soul from the inside and destroys all your dreams and desires. Living in constant fear of existence and worrying about life choices and decisions that are out of your hand, are time-, soul- and dream killers.

And before you realize it, decades pass like a blink of an eye and you feel cheated by destiny. Because you were trying everything in your power to survive and overcome impossible obstacles created by godless creatures in your life. 

Today’s refugees will be experiencing the same punishment and inhumane treatment as my mum and I did for decades in Switzerland. The refugee law makes it impossible to live a normal and independent life in dignity. These people are treated like trash and recycled like garbage. That’s the harsh reality of refugees’ future when it comes to integration, education, and independence, especially for MUSLIM refugees. 

But THE STOLEN YEARS is also a reminder for everyone else, that life is short and that no matter who we are and where we live, we should be aware of that and don’t allow anyone or any law to STOP us from growing and becoming the best version of ourselves. And this is only possible if we are allowed to make our own choices and life decisions. Free will is the most precious gift in life.

When I see the younger generation not appreciating the value of time and realizing all the opportunities, possibilities, and privileges they have in life, it makes me upset and sad. There are no excuses! All you need is discipline and a goal in life. And whatever it is never give up on your dreams and desires. Take a break but never ever STOP to follow your heart. 

My featured artist Thir13een published this video on his YouTube Channel months ago and it is his life story, his book so to say. Watch and you’ll see what I mean. 

Anyone will in one way or the other be able to relate to our new song project THE STOLEN YEARS

The Stolen Years will be released on my birthday, the 4th of August 2022! It will be available on all streaming platforms. Prepare yourself for a little surprise as well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment