September 25, 2023

Meet British Artist Karl Tomlin!


Today I like to introduce you to a lovely young artist from the United Kingdom. Karl Tomlin is a songwriter, musician, and singer from Kent. He has recently released two beautiful tracks. 

The reason why he is my todays blog guest is his song lyrics. He is a great storyteller who wants to inspire music lovers with meaningful and deep messages like I do. I warn you though, after listening to his two pop tracks you will have an earworm. :-) 

I am glad that Karl had the time for a short Q&A and I wish him, the best of luck with his music. I hope he will achieve his goals and fulfill all his dreams. 

First of all, thank you Karl for being a guest in my blog series THE MIRACLE OF MUSIC. Tell me who is Karl Tomlin? Please describe yourself in 3 sentences.

I am an avid lover of both music and self-awareness/spirituality. I try to combine them in a subtle way, writing reflective lyrics to funky indie music.

When did you find your passion for songwriting?

My passion for songwriting started super late! I was the drummer of a band for many years but only had some input on the songwriting. I left at 26 to do everything myself, and this was around the time I had more of a creative urge to do more and was much more interested in songwriting. So around 26, and I'm 29 now.

How many instruments do you play?

I play drums (13/14 years), guitar (4 years) bass (about a year) and I sing and produce. I can play some simple stuff on keys but nothing too crazy

You write lyrics with meaningful messages. Which artists do you find inspiring?

I draw inspiration from many sources; artists, people, places, and spiritual concepts. But some artists that inspire me are Franc Moody, Tame Impala, The Strokes, and Anderson Paak.

Why should people listen to your track FINE LINE and ACTION?

People should listen to my songs Fine Line and Action if they're interested in indie pop, funky basslines, or conscious lyrics.



What means HUMANITY to you? 

To me, humanity is compassion and love. We need more of it in the world.

What kind of legacy do you wish to leave with your creativity?

If I leave any legacy, I hope it is simply that people have listened to some of my lyrics and been inspired to make a positive change of any kind.

Follow Karl on Instagram, Spotify, TikTok, and YouTube, and support him on his musical journey! 




Karl Tomlin is a fresh take on alternative/indie pop, blending catchy grooves with conscious, contemplative lyrics that reflect on society, self-awareness, and daily life. With some exciting future collaborations in the works with varied and talented rising artists and previous experience in the industry as drummer for alt/art-rockers Youth Sector, Karl Tomlin is a vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, and producer from Kent.


No comments:

Post a Comment