July 14, 2021

The UK Songwriting Contest 2015!

In 2011 while I was doing one of my stupid low-paid part-time jobs that I hated from the bottom of my heart, writing song lyrics became my way of self-therapy. I was working as a Call Center agent for a national phone company and while customers called and yelled at me because of their unpaid bills, writing song lyrics helped me to survive the exhausting and long hours at work.

During my phone conversations with rude and unpleasant customers, I began to write song lyrics based on my memoir “Destination Freedom”. It has always been my goal to produce songs or a musical based on my true story to bring more awareness about the global refugee crisis. Being creative made me survive this unpleasant experience for a year! And I actually participated in the UK Songwriting contest with two lyrics of mine from 2011 in 2015 and my lyrics were both scored with 6 points by the UKSC Judges. :-)

EXPLANATION OF THE JUDGES SCORING  www.songwritingcontest.co.uk

Songs are scored between 1 and 10. Most songs in the contest (around 80 percent) will not receive a score higher than 6. Semifinalists and finalists receive a very high score of 7, 8, or 9. The score of 10 is reserved only for the winning song in each category.

A score of 4, 5, and 6 indicates that the writer has demonstrated real songwriting ability and understanding, and songs with these scores will usually receive a Commended Entry Certificate. The UKSC attracts a high standard of entries and the majority of songs in this contest will usually fall somewhere in this range. A score of 6 is regarded as a borderline semi-finalist score and indicates that the song very nearly made it into the semi-finals!


 STAY TUNED FOR MY ZOOM INTERVIEW WITH MY SPECIAL BLOG GUEST 

DANCER AND WRITER AHMAD JOUDEH ON JULY 21TH 2021! 


No comments:

Post a Comment