October 02, 2023

MY VISION - MY STORY - MY MISSION!


Yeah, October is here! Really love the colours in fall. Do you feel the Christmas spirit as we do? I’m working for weeks on my next song release. “MY VISION” which is the third song connected to my Lily4Humanity project. It will be out on November 13th, right in time for Christmas!

However, no matter what faith we follow, we should thank GOD every single day and be grateful for our blessings, and never forget that there are people who struggle and suffer more in life than we do.

Being able to SEE is a blessing that most people take for granted. But did you know that there are 1.1 billion people with visual impairments worldwide? Of these, 43 million are blind, and 295 million people are severely visually impaired. For at least 1 billion people, vision impairment could have been prevented or treated!

Being able to SMILE is something that most people take for granted as well. But did you know that cleft lip and palate is a common birth defect? It occurs About together in 1 of every 1,000 babies, somewhat more in males than females. 20% have a cleft lip only, 30% have a cleft palate only, and 50% of children with a cleft lip will also have a cleft palate. Most of the time, a cleft is caused by genetic and environmental factors coming together in a way that can't be predicted or prevented.

My Vision” is an awareness song for two great charities close to my heart.

CBM SWISS was founded in 1908 by the German pastor Ernst Jakob Christoffel, who built homes for blind children, orphans, physically disabled, and deaf persons in Turkey and Iran. Initially, CBM's efforts were focused on preventing and curing blindness, but now they cover other causes of disabilities as well!

SMILE TRAIN UK gives every child the chance to smile! Smile Train was founded in 1999. It provides free corrective cleft surgery in 87 countries. Changing the World One Smile at a Time. 

My GOAL is not only to raise awareness for these two great charities but hopefully also to encourage people to donate to CBM SWISS, support people's vision, and gift them eyesight and a brighter life and future. And to donate to SMILE TRAIN and gift a smile for those who can’t smile.

What is better than helping people with disabilities? Instead of spending/wasting money on useless Christmas gifts, think twice about your gift ideas this year. You could help so many people and change their lives and future. You can also make gifts in your friends and family member’s names and surprise them with your original gift idea of blessing people with eyesight and a smile. 

You probably wonder what my motivation is and why I support these two charities. Well, I was born with a misalignment of the eyes. Squinting is not just a cosmetic defect, but a serious visual impairment. I’m so grateful to my mum for all the sacrifices that she made, which made it possible for me to get early surgeries and treatment.


Shortly after the two pictures above – I was about 2.5 years old - I had my first eye surgery at the Camden & Islington University College Hospital in London. 1.5 years later, I had my second eye surgery at the age of four at the Eye Clinic University in Giessen, Germany. After the second surgery, we had to stay in Giessen for an entire year because of the weekly therapies, and I was forced to wear eyeglasses. I still have these eyeglasses. :-)

m so grateful to my incredible caring mum for all the sacrifices that she made, which made it possible for me to get early surgeries and treatment.

I also had eye surgeries in the summer of 2022, which made me realize once more how valuable our eyesight is.

Did you know that with only 33 dollars, you give a person the chance to wear eyeglasses? With only 55 dollars, you give a person with a cataract the chance to get surgery! A life-changing and precious gift that will change someone’s destiny forever! DONATE NOW! 

 

STAY TUNED FOR MY VISION SONG & VIDEO RELEASE 

ON NOVEMBER 13TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment