May 18, 2021

Design your own happiness!

Me in my early twenties being silly and goofy! :-)

Me and my love for music with two!

Me and my love for singing with four!

Being creative and productive makes everyone happy. Drawing, painting, and now writing are my way of designing happiness for myself today. But in my childhood and early twenties music has been my way of self-therapy in extremely difficult and challenging times. With my refugee status and no right to further education and job opportunities I was really suffering. Having no rights and no perspective can destroy your soul, especially when you are an ambitious, creative and motivated person as I am. I had so much energy and so many ideas, but couldn’t do anything with them.

So the other day I found these four videos of mine. I did my very first lip sing and videos with twelve. I sang along the happy songs from Kylie Minogue. When you watch me lip singing, do you see an unhappy girl? Do you see how I’m suffering from inside? Do you see a girl who’s living in fear of existence?

No, obviously you don’t. You just see a young girl enjoying the rhythm of music and singing along cheesy song lyrics from 1995 - 1997. :-)

Why am I sharing these old videos with you? Because I want to remind you how important it is to be sometimes silly and goofy. Life is already too serious and “thanks” to this horrible and non-ending pandemic more and more people are losing their joy of life and their appreciation for every single day. Depression is becoming normality, regardless of age! 

Remember back in my twenties there was no Social media and Youtube. So we didn’t record these videos to share them with anyone. My mum and I filmed them just for fun and it helped us to forget our worries and sorrows at least for a few minutes.

Also back in my twenties, there was no professional video software for private people for film editing. I actually edited these videos with two VCRs and what you are seeing now I filmed from TV and digitalized it with software. So this explains the poor quality. Nevertheless, you get the idea. ;-)

So what I’m trying to say is: Be happy! Be silly! Be you, no matter what people think of you and no matter what people say about you! It is OK to be different and it is OK to be happy! Follow your passion, whether it’s singing, dancing, drawing, painting, playing musical instruments, photography, sewing, crafting, writing, etc. Just do it without overthinking and questioning it! You can do anything as long as it makes you happy!

Now enjoy watching me lip-synch old songs “I Wanna B With U” and “Celebration” from the German hip hop band “Fun Factory” from 1995. "Scandy Randy" by the German pop band "Squeezer" from 1996. And finally the worldwide famous song “Barbie Girl” by the Danish-Norwegian pop band Aqua” from 1997!

When you read my memoir, you will be surprised because 1995 - 1997 were one of the hardest times in our life! 

I Wanna B With U -1995

Celebration -1995

Scandy Randy -1996

Barbie Girl -1997



Memoir available in English, German, Spanish and Italian!

No comments:

Post a Comment