Translate

April 20, 2017

Meet American Author Miranda Brock

 
Today I like you to meet Miranda Brock, American Author of the novel SOULSDISCOVERED”. From an early age Miranda Brock has always loved fantasy and adventure everything. Since she doesn't live in a world of enchanting powers, mythical beasts, and things unbelievable she has decided to write about them. Born in southern Illinois, where she still resides with her husband and two children, she grew up running through the woods, playing in creeks, and riding horses.
 
What started out as writing poetry grew into short stories and eventually led to her first novel Souls Discovered. Miranda lives in the country where she finds inspiration in the simplicity and beauty around her. With the help of coffee and good music she writes whenever she gets a chance
 
 
Author name: Miranda Brock
Genres: Fantasy, YA, Paranormal
Country: United States
 

Spin away with young Autumn as she finds a seemingly innocuous gold necklace on her family's farm and inadvertently uncovers her destiny as The Keeper. Autumn's discovery of the necklace activates the 'Window' and alerts both good and evil forces to her whereabouts. Autumn's life is changed forever when she loses her family, but is saved from the brutal attack of enigmatic enemies called Dehmons.
 
Seven Searchers who have awaited her arrival come to her aid, save her life and eventually convince her of their mutual destiny. Unbreakable bonds of friendship and love are formed between Keeper and Searchers, and this bond unlocks power to search out and kill the dead-eyed evil Dehmon souls.

Miranda when did you first start writing?
I first started to seriously get into writing when I was around twelve. I started writing poetry and it evolved from there. I took a creative writing elective in high school and that really boosted my passion for writing.

Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
I've always enjoyed reading and writing but having a writing career wasn't something I seriously considered until after college. I love horses and studied equine science in college. I wanted to get into equine genetics but writing was something I always came back to. Writing was something I was  doing and going back constantly so eventually I figured since it was something I loved so much I may as well go for it.
 
What would you like to achieve as an Author?
I would love to write books that people remember, books that impact their lives. I want my books to be an escape. It's one reason I love fantasy. If I can take someone to a different world, even for a little while, then this while thing is worth it.
 
What is your best advice based on your own experiences so far to other Authors?
Support your fellow authors. I've found that most of the time if you help someone out, they'll help you back. Especially in the indie community of authors. We're all in this together so supporting others supports you, as well.
 
What genres do you read and review to support your fellow Authors?
Fantasy, and it's sub-genres, are my favorite. I also really enjoy science fiction and the occasional romance.

 
A quote by you or your Life motto?
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Ralph Waldo Emerson. I have so many favorites but this one really speaks to me. I'm the kind of person that likes to try things in my own way, which is one reason I self-published. Everyone was always telling me I needed to find an agent and a publisher and I thought Nope, I'm going to try this my way.

Thank you very much Miranda. It was my pleasure to have you on my blog. I hope many readers will discover your book. Keep up the great work and all the best. Lots of love, Lily

 
Miranda Social Media Contacts
 

16 comments:

  1. Interviews are a great way to get to know an author. I appreciate a peek behind the curtain. It's a joy to hear Miranda speak of her journey and passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! :-)I love making interviews and giving people the chance to shine!

      Delete
  2. Great interview, Miranda, and I like the blurb for your book. Another one to add to my TBR pile 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear this Tima. Good news for Miranda! :-)

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you Miranda! Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The cover is lovely! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for featuring me, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Miranda! Keep up the great work and my best wishes! <3

      Delete
  5. I've just finished reading this book and it's incredible - certainly memorable!
    I can't wait for the sequel... we need it now, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting! Thank you for your visit here! :-)

      Delete
  6. It was great to get to know Miranda better. I can relate to her goals as an author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview Lily. Miranda's book looks awesome. I'll definitely have to take a look at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grant! Always happy to see you visiting my blog! :-)

      Delete