Translate

February 02, 2017

Meet American Author Carol Ann Kauffman


Author name: Carol Ann Kauffman
Genres: Romantic Adventure, Contemporary Women’s Fiction, Mystery, Soft Sci-Fi, Mystery, Time Travel
Country:  USA
Official Website: http://carolannkauffman.weebly.com/carols-blog.html

Meet American Author Carol Ann Kauffman, the author of sixteen books to date, from short stories to full-length novels. Her novels are classified as romantic action adventures with a sci-fi/ fantasy twist, and mysteries. She is a retired teacher in Ohio, where she taught for thirty-five years. Carol loves to travel; her favorite places Italy and Aruba, show up in her novels quite a bit.

Her latest book is: "BENTLEY SQUARE",  Strangers meet on the train. She, a beautiful, wealthy businesswoman. He, a down on his luck office manager. They have nothing in common. And yet, they are drawn to each other with an undeniable hypnotic magnetism. This is the story of Rebecca Robbins, daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the country and Mark Ramsay, a man shrouded in dark mystery and hiding in the shadows from death squads amid international intrigue.
 


Carol when did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
I always wrote. I wrote as a child. My first college major was writing before I switched to Education when I realized you have to support yourself. I began writing in earnest after I retired from teaching.

 
What would you like to achieve as an Author?
I feel better when writing is part of my day. I am calmer. My thought processes are clearer. I do this for me first, then if anybody likes what I’ve written, I am just thrilled.
 
Carol what is your best advice based on your own experiences so far to other Authors?
Write every day. Start with short stories and find a publishing company that specializes in shorts. Have two or three projects going at the same time. Do not give up or give in to indifference or criticism from the outside and silence that nasty internal voice that suggests or screams that you should quit.
 
What genres do you read and review to support your fellow Authors?
I read about thirty books a month. I read everything except stuff that would give me nightmares, because I like to sleep at night. So, no vampires, zombies, werewolves, S&M, gory or bloody stories about psyche killers.
 
Wow thirty books! Amazing, good for you. Last but not least I need a quote by you or your Life motto?  
“She thought she could, so she did.”
 
Love it Carol! It’s really true. When we want to achieve something we have to go for it. Carol thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I wish you the best of luck for the future. Keep up the good work! Lovely to have you here on my blog.
Lots of love, Lily
 
CAROL ON SOCIALMEDIA
 
Twitter: @Cay47
Any other page: The Owl Branch
 
A LIST OF ALL BOOKS BY CAROL until today 2017
 
FULL LENGTH NOVELS in Caps & Short Stories in regular print.
BLUE LAKE
BELTERRA
THE BASLICATO
BENTLEY SQUARE
Waiting for Richard
LORD OF BLAKELEY
Echo of Heartbreak: A Recipe for Life, Madison’s Christmas
SEA WITCH
A Dilemma for Daisy
MACKALVEY HOUSE
Christmas at Star Lake
I Need Christmas
January Black Ice
February White Lies
March Blues
CHARMIND DECEPTION
Through the Darkness: Stories of Hope (A Woman Named Hope)
April Yellow Moon
 
 




 



Copyright Book covers: Carol Ann Kauffman

2 comments:

  1. Great interview, positive and inspiring. Thirty books a month is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very motivational interview! I love to read as much as you do! I will however prefer the scary stuff to romance. Best wishes and I grabbed a book or two!

    ReplyDelete