Translate

December 09, 2015

The UK Songwriting Contest 2015 Results for my three song lyrics

#asklily   The UK Songwriting Contest 2015 Results for my three song lyrics


The best way to spread important and profound messages around the world is to do it on an entertaining way. "Entertain & Educate" is my motto. For years my goal has been to produce a Pop musical show in London’s Westend based on my memoir „Destination: Freedom“ and the children version „Angel of hope & Lily. An energetic show consisting of 29 self-written songs (Up-tempo tracks & heartbreaking ballads) influenced by the great music of the 80s. 

If I ever achieve my goal and produce my Musical “Angel of Hope”, I would love the American Musical Theatre and Broadway Actress & singer Brooke Elliott to play my Angel of Hope, one of the main roles along little Lily and her mum Sima, who have escaped to Europe from their war-torn homeland with only two suitcases and a large supply of hope.

I was very excited to take part at “The UK Songwriting Contest 2015” where three of my many lyrics would be seen by professionals from the industry.
And now I’m very happy that my song lyrics “Destination: Freedom” and “Remember…Blood is always red” from my Song lyric Book “Angel of Hope – Wings of tenderness” based on my memoir were awarded with a UKSC Commended Entry Certificate and scored 6 from maximum 10 points which indicates that me the writer of the lyric have demonstrated real songwriting ability and understanding. A score of 6 is regarded as a borderline semifinalist score and indicates that my songs very nearly made it into the semi finals.
It was my first time that I have ever entered a music competition as a lyricist at all and even though I didn’t won the contest or made it at least to semifinals, I still feel as a winner with the score that I have achieved by Grammy, Emmy, BRIT and CMA Award winner, gold and platinum album producers - The judges.
It was a good experience and also a confirmation that my songs have the quality that songs need for a soundtrack and a musical show.
 
A massive THANK YOU to the UKSC Judges for considering my lyrics. I appreciate your time and professional judgment. Congratulations to the Winner of my category Debra Gussin and her winning song lyric “Best Actor” and all the finalists, which are here to find:
 

Here are my 3 song lyrics “Destination: Freedom”, “Remember…Blood is always red” from my song lyric book “Angel of Hope-Wings of tenderness” and “Angel of Love” form my song lyric book “Angel of Love-Heat my frozen heart” that I sent to the UK Songwriting Contest and below the explanation of the Judges Scoring.

DESTINATION: FREEDOM
Pop song, Ballade by Lily Amis © 2011 scored with 6 by the UKSC Judges

Favorite Pop performer: Adam Lambert , Conchita Wurst, Robbie Williams, Jessie  J, Pink
Favorite Musical performer: Brooke Elliott, Ramin Karimloo

Verse 1
Bombs keep falling like a raindrop from the sky
Bloods are falling like tears from their eyes
Dear God only you can make it stop
You’re their light in the dark

 
Verse 2
Families are taken a part
Life’s are falling apart
Young soldiers are falling like leaves from trees
Bloods flowing like a river in the streets
Hopes and dreams are vanishing in clouds
Instead cemeteries are full of crowds

 
Verse 3
In the middle of the night
They’ve awaked several times
It’s terrifying to live in fears
It’s terrifying to live with tears

 
Chorus:
Destination Freedom is all they wish for
Security is all they hope for
Justice is all they pray for
They need a place to survive
A place to call home is all they wish for
A place to feel welcome

 
Verse 4
So they pray silently
Dear God we’re scared of dying
The attacks seem to last forever
Dear God please let us survive or
at least die together

 
Verse 5
Oh God, it takes allot of courage
to leave everything and everyone behind
Taking this step is a sign
A sign of helplessness and
Desperation
Cause every day, every hour
Could be the last
Dear God, they’re so
Conscious of that
 

Verse 6
They’re powerless over a silly war
And speechless by all the greed
They victims, victims by disregard of
Human rights
Disregard of democracy
Who can they blame for this misery?
One day these all will only be in history

 
Chorus:
Destination Freedom is all they wish for
Security is all they hope for
Justice is all they pray for
They need a place to survive
A place to call home is all they wish for
A place to feel welcome



REMEMBER… BLOOD IS ALWAYS RED 
Pop song,  Up-tempo by Lily Amis © 2011 scored with 6 by the UKSC Judges
Favorite Pop performer: Adam Lambert , Conchita Wurst, Robbie Williams, Jessie  J, Pink
Favorite Musical performer: Brooke Elliott, Ramin Karimloo

 
Verse 1
Did you choose the country of your birth?
Did you choose your skin colour?
Did you choose your religion?
Should that make a difference?

Chorus:
You and me, we are all visitors to this life
Flesh and bone - one and the same!
Remember Blood is always red.

Verse 2
Then why is it so hard to except people the way they are?
Why do we have to make it so hard?
Who on earth has the right to decide peoples destinies?
Who on earth has the right to destroy people’s dreams?

Bridge
We should all be given the right to Freedom
The right to live a life in dignity
Regardless of nationality Skin colour
Race and religion

 
Chorus
You and me, we are all visitors to this life
Flesh and bone - one and the same!
Remember Blood is always red.

Bridge
Life is precious and short
You can’t turn back the time you wasted
So start to live today and led the others live to
Allow everyone to experience
the benefit of this wonderful place
planet earth and his human race
 

Verse 3
Why is it so hard to except people the way they are?
Why do we have to make it so hard?
Who on earth has the right to decide over peoples life?
Who on earth has the right to destroy peoples
wishes and goals?

 
Bridge
We should all be given the right to self-determination
Regardless of nationality
Skin colour
Race and religion

 
Chorus
You and me, we are all visitors to this life
Flesh and bone - one and the same!
Remember Blood is always red.

Verse 4
As long as people remain narrow-minded and Selfish
As long as people are dazzled and poisoned by devils game
Nothing will change
We have to destroy the devil in us
Only then something will change
We should all be given the right to equal chances
Regardless of nationality Skin color
Race and religion

Chorus
You and me, we are all visitors to this life
Flesh and bone - one and the same!
Remember Blood is always red.


My Angel of Love
Ballade by Lily Amis scored with 5 by the UKSC Judges

Favorite female performer: Mel C, Leona Lewis
Favorite male performer:  Ed Sheeran, Gary Barlow, James Morrison, Lee Ryan, Simon Web, Bruno Mars


Last year when we met it was destiny, U mesmerized me
It was a day in September, a night I will always remember
U were a miracle sent from God, a blessing from heaven above
On a weekend in spring U came to see me again
Regardless of your personal circumstances and our distance
U flew all the way from your country to another, we both were so excited

 
My Angel of Love I was starving for your love
My soulmate, my match made in heaven, my true Love @first side
U made me feel alive; I finally understood what love feels alike

 
I will never forget your smiling face and the sparkle in your eyes
when we were reunited, it was a moment full of love
Our hearts beat as one, for me U were the only one
Seeing U again was overwhelming and emotional
better than I imagined, better than I expected
Being close to U was magical, simply incredible

 
My Angel of Love I was starving for your love
My soulmate, my sweet inspiration, my Nr.1
It felt so good to be close to U, it felt so right to be next to U

 
Our Goodbye was the opposite
U rejected my goodbye hug and kiss
U Pushed me away and said “Babe don’t make it hard on me
U turned your back and left, left me back broken hearted
U couldn’t act more selfish and unkind
What a fool I was to believe U were mine

 
Days later U texted me and said:
“I need to put a distance between us for everybody else’s sake”
As if 1500 miles is not far enough?
U ended our romance before it even began
U closed your heart and threw away the key
as if we were never meant to be

 
Now months have passed and U’re still avoiding me
If this is your way of self-protection
Your way of dealing with us, let me tell U: It sucks!
U can’t deny the Emotions I brought into your heart
U can’t delete the memories we shared, U can’t pretend we never met
U can’t deny our special connection and the chemistry
it would be just a wasted energy

 
My Angel of Love, U were a priceless gift from God, at least that’s what I thought
Your rejection now makes me feel worthless, unwanted and unloved

 
Taking off your engagement ring and pretending to be free
was your way to escape from reality
U lied to everyone, played with fire and toyed with my desire
Thoughtless, Shameless, Faithless, heartless, that’s how U acted
Tell me what were U thinking?

 
Don’t U see your engagement is a mistake, predicted to fail?
1 universe, 9 planets, over 200 countries and 800 Islands
7 seas and over 7 billion souls and we had the chance to meet
Don’t U see we’re destined to be?

 
My Angel of Love, first U heated my frozen heart and made me feel alive
now U left me back without a proper goodbye

 
Your tattoo is saying: “Everything has an ending except family
I say: “Finding your soulmate is like winning the lottery”
It only happens to a few, it happened to us, don’t be a fool and give up on us
Be assured our Goodbye is not forever, cause my love for U will last forever!



My Song lyric book "Angel of Love" on Amazon:


EXPLANATION OF THE JUDGES SCORING  www.songwritingcontest.co.uk
Songs are scored between 1 and 10. Most songs in the contest (around 80 per cent) will not receive a score higher than 6. Semi finalists and finalists receive a very high score of 7, 8 or 9. The score of 10 is reserved only for the winning song in each category.
A score of 4, 5 and 6 indicates that the writer has demonstrated real songwriting ability and understanding and songs with these scores will usually receive a Commended Entry Certificate. The UKSC attracts a high standard of entries and the majority of songs in this contest will usually fall somewhere in this range. A score of 6 is regarded as a borderline semi finalist score and indicates that the song very nearly made it into the semi finals.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lily! This is fantastic news!. I am so happy for you. I know with your talent, warm heart, and perseverance you will succeed with your musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your lovely comment.Preciate your Support Julia as always.
    Lots of love xxx
    Lily

    ReplyDelete