Translate

October 09, 2015

Lily why and when did you decide to self-publish your book?

#asklily

Lily why and when did you decide to self-publish your book?
 
Today I answer with absolute certainty and without any hesitation: Why not? I wish I had this opinion earlier. Then I wouldn’t have wasted so much of my time and energy for nothing.
 
During the last decade I’ve tried everything to get published by a traditional Publishing company in Germany and in United Kingdom. I put allot of effort in finding the right Literary Agent and Publisher across the world. I spend hours, days, months and years on the Internet and on the official Agent Listings. Visited each single one of their websites to find out whether they represent my book genre or not.
 
Honestly I have no idea how many people I’ve contacted. I think without exaggeration it must have been around 600 people and companies. Maybe, even more. Not only did I spend allot of time, hope and energy, but also allot of money for printing the cover letter and the synopsis, the mail cost etc. Only God knows how much I have spent. I rather don’t think about it. And the result was as you can imagine nothing but disappointment!
 
Why? Because I only got either a standard rejection mail or nothing. And if I actually got a publishing offer, it was everything but serious. I will share an example with you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment