Translate

September 17, 2015

Being an Indie-Author has its benefits, but is also a struggle!

#asklily

Being an Indie-Author has its benefits, but is also a struggle!


I like to share my own process and experience of becoming an Indie-Author with you and I hope it will inspire new young Indie-Authors, but also make readers realize how important it is to support us.
 
I’m pretty sure that many; if not most readers have no clue of what it means to be an Independent Author! Do you have any idea how hard it is to be a writer without the financial security and support of a Publishing Company behind you?
 
Not every Author who lives by social welfare like Joanne K. Rowling (writer of the Harry Potter books) is fortunate to be signed off by a Publishing company who then invests Millions of Dollars in marketing her books and the Merchandisings.
 
I can’t talk for all the Indie-Author, but I can talk for myself and I assure you that I have not only invested my time, energy, believe and hope in writing, but also all of my savings to fulfill my dream of hopefully one day becoming a successful and independent writer. I sacrificed allot for every single of my books. By now I have managed to publish five books.
Please check out my official website: http://www.lilyamis.com
 
Please check out my Amazon Author page
 
So PLEASE next time when you spend your money on unhealthy products such as buying a package of cigarettes or drinking a glass of beer or wine, remember that you can support and change an Indie-Authors life by buying a book instead of poisoning your body.
Also buying a book of your interest from an Indie-Author is something that will companion you for more than just a few minutes like a cigarette or a glass of Alkohol.
 
A book can also be an ideal gift for someone special to you and the stories you read will inspire you in your daily life and decisions. Regardless of what you’re reading, whether it is fiction or non-fiction reading is educating yourself. Like music is a loving way to heal your soul. You can escape from the reality of life for a while from whatever is bothering you by reading a book daily.
 
But it takes thousands of readers until an Indie-Author makes any profits. Because the invested money in the books itself for proofreading, polishing, the book cover design etc. have to be returned first, which can take years until and IF it ever happens.
As an Indie-Author it is also a daily struggle to manage your writing and everything else that comes with it all by yourself. Being an Indie-Author myself for the last two years basically means I’m not only a writer, but also an Illustrator, web publisher and social media Agent.
So in the next days and weeks I will keep posting the most asked questions that I answer in my daily life and get you the chance to see behind the scenes so to say.
 
So if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to tweet me your questions @nassimadesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment